THE DARK WEB: WHY YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOUR DIGITAL CREDENTIALS ARE UP FOR SALE?
Digital credentials such as passwords and usernames connect you and your staff to an essential array of online business services and applications. They are among the most valued assets for sale on the Dark Web.
The Dark Web is a concealed universe contained within the “Deep Web”- a sub-layer of the Internet that is hidden from traditional search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. These search engines search less than 1% of the indexed or Surface Web. The other 99+% of the Web consists of government and private academic networks, databases, and the Dark Web. The Dark Web is estimated to be 550 times larger than the Surface Web, and because individuals can work in anonymity, the Dark Web is a gold mine of stolen data and playground of illegal activity.
It is quite common for companies that have had their passwords and usernames compromised and sold, only to find out after the fact when they are by law enforcement.
Why Knowing Is Essential
- Compromised credentials are used to undermine the stability your company thru criminal activity, such as data breaches of sensitive corporate information, as well as employee identity theft.
- Employees often use the same password for everything, including your network logon, social media, online stores and other services, exponentially increasing the potential damage to you and your clients.
- Today, you have limited visibility into when your credentials are stolen; over 75% compromised credentials are reported to the victim organization by a third party, after the damage has been done.
How A Dark Web Scan Protects Your Business
- Delivers the same advanced credential monitoring capabilities used by Fortune 500 companies to companies of your size.
- Proactive solution provides real-time awareness of compromised credentials before identity theft or data breaches occur
To Safeguard your company’s, employee’s and client’s data reach out today (720) 773-2492